Main      Site Guide    
Brain Food

Mathematical Reasoning Puzzles - Solution for #39

Solution for #39

If 100 pounds of potatoes is 1% potato matter, then that means there is one pound of potato matter. After the potatoes dehydrated somewhat, this one pound accounted for 2% of the total mass (with the remaining 98% being water). One pound is 2% of 50 pounds, so the total mass of the potatoes after sitting out in the sun is 50 pounds.